After School Science Enrichment Instructors Needed
Science Matters provides after school STEM programs in local elementary schools in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana. Our goal is to promote and generate an interest in science by providing enrichment through hands-on experiments and projects at the elementary school level, K-6th grade.
Science Matters instructors are the best after school professionals in the out of school time field. They are responsible for leading our after school STEM programs. Instructors run multiple one hour classes each week at their assigned schools. During the class, instructors lead teacher demonstrations and hands on experiments that are inquiry based with elementary aged students.
Instructors take their job seriously which can be demonstrated by how they are prepared for their classes. Instructors are the face of Science Matters and are expected to be professional in appearance and behavior while teaching in our schools.
Instructor classroom skills are exemplary resulting in safe, fun and engaging STEM classes. Our instructors take part in professional development to continue to improve the quality of their teaching skills through mandatory training and classroom observation.
• Facilitate a classroom science program based upon training and materials provided.
• Have all materials and supplies prepped and ready for classroom use.
• Engage with children to answer questions and develop a higher level of science terms and concepts.
• Attend mandatory training programs.
• Keep children safe and use all necessary precautions.
• Develop a rapport with the school’s faculty and parents.
• A strong desire for working with elementary aged children in a group setting.
• Outgoing and friendly personality.
• Reliable and punctual.
• Cooperative Team Player.
• Basic appreciation of general science terms and concepts.
• Commit to teach at least one lesson per week in the after school hours.
• Submit to a state background check.